mardi 29 juillet 2008

libgpod callout improvements

The other day, I mentioned that libgpod hal callout was setting volume.label to the iPod name to get a nicer name displayed for iPods in Nautilus (among other apps). What I didn't say is that I wasn't really sure that overriding that property with something that has nothing to do with the actual filesystem label was such a good idea.

And it wasn't. After asking David Zeuthen about that on IRC, he kindly told me about info.desktop.name which was added explicitly for that purpose. And I also learnt about info.desktop.icon which is to be preferred to info.icon_name. So I made these 2 changes and pushed them to the podsleuth branch of my git repository.

While I was at it, I worked on the few things that are still in the way to a libgpod 0.7 release, ie I cleaned up the exported symbols to make sure what we export make sense from an API point of view, and I added some missing API doc and made a few fixes in the existing one (some functions were renamed and the API doc wasn't properly updated).


On an unrelated note, I'm glad to see that some people find this blog worth some comments, thanks ;)

2 commentaires:

Unknown a dit…

I'm excited to try my new iPod 160 GB with it. Before when I used it with Linux, iTunes would reset it next time

Christophe a dit…

iPod Classic should already be working flawlessly under Linux, I filled my brand new classic using gtkpod/rhythmbox 1 month ago and itunes didn't complain when it saw that ipod.